for the full report see here
- Breadth expanded nicely this week negating many divergences and solidifying support for the market’s move.
- Short term indicators have flipped and are now near highs, but no extremes yet. volatility likely to increase while it resolves. These are notorious for divergences
- May to present still looks like a rotational or “running” correction has been playing out; if so this leg will be larger than most predict.
- No signs of breadth deterioration that usually accompany major topping patterns. Uptrend remains on solid footing.
- Sector structure is optimal for strong markets with cyclical sectors continuing to lead and show strong breadth while doing it..
- Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Financials, Health Care and Technology saw AD Lines all in new highs this week. which is a huge chunk of the overall market capitalization.
- McClellan Summation Indexes are sending an important message with all sectors crossing and moving higher this week.
- Basic Materials is the Sector Highlight as it made a nice move after last week’s mention
What We are Watching:
- Continued barbell effect with Large Cap Growth and Small Caps in general outperforming. $QQQ $DIA $IWN $IWM
- $DIA can surprise if we have new leg up with traditional names you know perking up everywhere.
- Sector concentration should stay with Technology, Industrials, Financials and Consumers until the show any signs of weakness. If economy is stronger than most think, these areas will continue to surprise. $XLK $IYC $IYK $IYJ $XLF
- Basic Materials is a top pick for 2014 with Industrial Metals getting a head start. Sector ETF RS Rankings is worth a look here with $XME $PKB $FXZ $RTM in the top slots.
Thanks for taking the time to review this report. If there are improvements I can make, I would love to hear them.
Good Luck this week. Luck is there for the making!
G. Thomas Lackey Jr, CMT CFP
Follow me on StockTwits and Twitter @gtlackey
(All market data above are derived from Stockcharts.com, Esignal, and Reuters Datalink)
The information set forth herein was obtained from sources which we believe to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information, nor any opinion expressed, constitutes a solicitation by us of the purchase or sale of any securities or commodities.
There is no guarantee that the views expressed in this communication will become reality.
Investing in the stock or bond markets involves risk and potential loss of principal. Investment strategies should be thoroughly vetted and discussed with a financial advisor prior to implementing.